Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
This module adds an extra tab to each field instance, allowing you to specify validation rules for your field instances.
The following validators are currently included (7.x-2.x):
- Regular expression
- Numeric values (optionally specify min and / or max value)
- length (optionally specify min and / or max length)
- number of words (optionally specify min and / or max words )
- Plain text (disallow tags)
- Must be empty (Anti-Spam: Hide with CSS)
- Words blacklist
- number of selections (optionally specify min and / or max selections )
- Match against a field
- Match against a property
- Specific value(s)
- Require at least one of several fields
- Equal values on multiple fields
- Unique values on multiple fields
- PHP Code (powerfull but dangerous)
- URL (support internal path and external url validation)
- Pattern (Regular expression lite)
- Date range2
Following validators are included in sub module field validation extras:
- EAN number
- Field collection unique
- Integer values
- IP Address
- Numeric(HTML5, with the option to specify min/max/step)
- Regular expression (Perl-Compatible)
- Required field
- Require some of several fields
- Postal code(depend on Postal Code Validation, support Address Field)
Since 7.x-2.1, we add another sub module property validation which could solve validation issues for property(non-field), such as title, Ubercat SKU, list_price.
1, first make sure that the Field validation ruleset machine name using following pattern:
"Your Entity type" + '_' + "bundle", for example:
So the Field validation ruleset machine name must be:
2, column is "value" or 'target_id' or ...
the UI will be improved in the future, use selection instead of input.
3, there are only a few validation rules:
Email,Regex,Length,Must be Empty, Unique, date range, blacklist, words count, integer, Ip, numeric, phone, plain text .
we will add more in the future.
Lullabot write a doc for this module:Write complex validation rules for your fields, http://www.lullabot.com/articles/module-monday-field-validation
- This module was sponsored by Think in Drupal
The author can be contacted for paid customizations of this module as well as Drupal consulting and development.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Fields
- Reported installs: 24,296 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 148,031
- Last modified: August 2, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.