This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
CCK with Views/CTools exportable flavour...
Many have wished for Views default_views functionality for Content Construction Kit, however, the nature of how CCK works makes this difficult.
The two main reasons:
- Changing field settings might potentially destroy data, or cause CCK to move large amounts of data between tables.
- Each field is really divided in two: Shared database settings (column types, sizes, multiple, required, etc), and instance specific settings (formatters).
Field Gatekeeper attempts to deal with these issues by:
- Only updating fields when asked to, from drush commands, through it's admin page, or by a module specifically calling it from an install or update function.
- Splitting the field setup between 'gatekeepers' which decide on the global settings, and instance users (content type implementing modules).
We have been using this model for a number of projects, and it's proved itself as a useful way to deal with CCK on a number of sites.
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Reported installs: 5 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,109
- Last modified: 9 June 2015
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.