Countdown timer field module allows you to create countdown timer field to count the days, hours, minutes, and seconds until a specified event. The module uses jQuery Countdown Timer to display the countdown timer in a nice graphical way.
This module is very useful for event content types where you want to display countdown timer for the event.
Requirements / Dependencies
Recommended versions of Countdown Timer Field!
When date and time of timer expires then the timer disappears and you can also set "Behavior if no results are available " in views.
No database changes done in this release. You can simply replace the new version with old version.
More feature requests are always welcome.
- Place the entire field_countdown directory into your Drupal sites modules directory (eg sites/all/modules).
- Enable this module by navigating to: Administration > Modules.
- This module have dependency on date_popup and libraries module.
- Download jQuery Countdown Timer Library from http://tutorialzine.com/2011/12/countdown-jquery/ . Install it in sites/all/libraries directory, and rename the directory to jquery-countdown. The library should be available at a path like sites/all/libraries/jquery-countdown/assets/countdown/jquery.countdown.js .
Please read the step by step instructions as an example to use this module below:-
Install the module.
- Go to admin/structure page. Click on manage fields of any content type.
- Add new field and select "Countdown Timer Field" From Field type.
- Now your timer field is ready to use.
- Click on Manage Display link to select how do you want to display this field.
- There are 4 display formats available:-
- jQuery Countdown Timer without text timer.
- jQuery Countdown Timer with text timer.
- Date and time as string.
- Unix time stamp.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Display, Fields
- Reported installs: 1,300 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 8,236
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.