This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Feeds Image Grabber (FIG) is successor of FeedAPI ImageGrabber, an addon for Feeds module, which grabs image for each feed-item from their respective webpages and maps it to an image field in the node created by Feeds (Node Processor).
[Google Reader (with thumbnails) can be imitated on a Drupal site by using Feeds, Feeds Image Grabber, FileField, ImageField, ImageCache, ImageAPI, Views and Voting API module (http://goo.gl/J5MJg)]
- Automatically downloads and attaches image to the node created by Feeds module.
- Configurable XPath of the desired image location on the webpage of the feed item on per feed basis (using element's id or CSS class).
- Support for FileField Paths module.
- Configurable maximum image size.
- Configurable minimum and maximum image resolutions.
- Configure defaults for FIG from the settings page.
- Better error logging and reporting.
- Integration with Views to grab images for only selected feed items.
Please do not open issues in the queue that request features already on the roadmap.
Tutorials and other resources:
- Tutorial: http://publicmind.in/blog/tutorial-for-feeds-image-grabber/
- Installation and Usage instructions can be found in README.TXT file.
As the images for the feed-items are downloaded to your site, there might occur copyright infringement. You will be responsible for all such actions and the author of this module can not be held responsible. Use responsibly :)
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Content Construction Kit (CCK), Content Display, File Management, Third-party Integration
- Reported installs: 2,942 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 27,991
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.