The Extended LDAP Groups module is an extension of the LDAP Groups module, which is part of http://drupal.org/project/ldap_integration.
While this isn't really ideal in the long run, it's a good starting point for people who need this functionality right away without having to hack up a contributed module. What I'd really like to see is that this code, or a better version of this code, gets merged into the ldapgroups module. If and when that happens, this module will go away.
This module supports:
- Role creation, via the core Drupal roles admin form, synchronized as groups in LDAP
- Added group creation LDIF template to the LDAP provisioning form
- Role updates, via the core Drupal roles admin form, synchronized as groups in LDAP
- Role deletes, via the core Drupal roles admin form, synchronized as groups in LDAP
- Mass LDAP group imports as Drupal roles
- Group membership updates when roles for a user are granted and/or revoked in Drupal via the core Drupal user form
- Option to remove user from all LDAP groups when the user account is blocked in Drupal. When the user is unblocked, LDAP group membership is restored, based on the user's roles in Drupal
IMPORTANT: The alpha 2 release fixes a very serious bug where users were removed from all groups in LDAP upon login. Please upgrade to this version immediately.
- This module only supports configurations where groups are entries. Support needs to be added for the other two configuration options.
- User documentation
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Third-party Integration, User Access & Authentication
- Reported installs: 16 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 2,010
- Last modified: December 1, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.