The Exif module allows you to display Exif metadata on image nodes. Exif is a specification for the image file format used by digital cameras.
Roadmap (order by priority) for drupal 7 & 8 versions:
- Work in Progress (current development in 1.x-dev versions):
- integration of exiftool in branch 7.x and 8.x (mostly done)
- add a widget to extract data as a HTML table (mostly done in D8)
- add a widget where fields values are viewable in forms (mostly done in D8)
- automated test suite
- Followed by :
- make vocabulary structure optional (flat vocabulary),
- integrate with image effect module to rotate image from exif data if desired
- exif_location adaptation to drupal 7 and 8
- add support to Views Bulk Operations (VBO)
- Drush : tree folder import (import images in a folders and sub folders)
- update metadata field of image in file (see )
- support token module
- migration tool from php extension field names to exiftool field name
- integration with node gallery
- support e-commerce module (see )
Drupal 8 version
The drupal 8 version is in progress. For now, the aim is to make the module work as the Drupal 7 version (8.x-1.0-beta 3 behave the same as version 7.x-1.8)
current status of migration
- settings of module is fully migrated with two added features:
- A new quick start page has been added to help user to create content related to exif photos in 2 clicks.
- the settings summary are fully implemented
- the exif readonly widget is migrated and evolved to show current values in forms. To have the same behavior as Drupal 7, you should choose the new exif hidden widget.
- content handler is migrated
- node entity with fields of type 'text', 'date', 'datetime' and 'taxonomy term' is fully migrated
- currently, support for file_entity (media) for Drupal 8 is planned As there is no stable release of the file_entity module for drupal 8.x, it might be broken at any time but for now (2016-02-29), it is working.
- drush integration is fully migrated
Drupal 7 version
This version allow you to use metadata as text or as taxonomy terms to classify your images.
It is highly recommended to update to version 1.8 of the plugin
New features in stable releases :
- the option 'refresh on update' is finally working as expected.
- use taxonomy term or simple text
- support several image field on the same node
- Content Translation support (if image are locale specific, metadata should be)
Drupal 6 version
following drupal 6 end of life, the support of the drupal 6 version is ended.
rapsli was the maintainer of the Drupal 6 branch, a complete rewrite of the module to integrate with CCK. See for more infos and this version's current status.
- File informations