This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Entity Connect extends Entity References fields by adding "add new content" and "edit current content" buttons.
Thanks to Agnes Chisholm (amaria) for the great work and time passed to port Entity Connect to Drupal 8, we now have a first alpha release !
Try it, report any issues and patches !
Entity Connect now expands both
fields by adding "add new content" and "edit current content" buttons.
The Drupal module will allow you to dynamically create and edit entities (see bellow for the list of currently working entity types)
which should be referenced into an Entity reference field.
It will help you to improve the User Experience for creation of new entities or edition of linked entities on your entity reference fields.
The "add a new" button will enable you to add / create a new entity. The first form will be cached then the new form will be generated. Once the new form is completed and saved the user will return to the original form.
The "edit" button will take the user to the edit form of the referenced entity. Once the user is done editing, he is sent back to the previous form.
List of working entities
- From Core
- Node / Content type
- From Entity Construction Kit (ECK) module
- From Bean module
Modules compatible with Entity Connect
- Field Collection
- Entity Construction Kit (ECK)
- Partial support with entityreference_view_widget
- Partial support for Entity (Reference) selection mode : Views. Currently works for Node Entity.
- Renderable elements
Version 7.x-2.x add more flexibility on Entityconnect to be able to connect more Entity types without hacking the module.
We take an approch of submodules to support entities and promote the usage of hooks.
We also add support of Taxonomy (term_reference) module.
Customs entities and/or entityreference widgets provided by the following modules are not yet supported.
- Organic Group
Please help us to that issues
- Copy entityconnect into your modules directory and then enable it on the admin modules page + enable the needed submodules
- Define permissions on admin/people/permissions page
- Define default parameters in administration page admin/config/content/entityconnect
- If you set default button visibility to ON
- Go to a form (add or edit form) which contain an entityreference field and you should see an add (+) and/or edit (pencil) button after your field.
- If you set default button visibility to OFF
- Go to fields administration for the entity you want to alter (eg: admin/structure/types/manage/page/fields)
- Edit an entityreference field and active it for that field (Display Entity Connect "edit" button / Display Entity Connect "add" button)
7.x-2.x as now a rc1. We recommand to use it.
Stable will come when some tests will be added.
- Node connect module is similar to Entity connect but does not supports reference fields from the Entity reference module and user Reference from References module.
- Inline Entity Form
- References Dialog
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Content, Fields, Utility
- Reported installs: 6,510 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 70,918
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: 7 February 2017
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.