Drupal integration for Adobe Edge Animate
This module enables you to upload manage, configure and integrate Adobe Edge Animate compositions in Drupal. Edge Suite is closely coupled with the EdgeCommons library for Edge Animate, which is needed to use some of the more advanced features (e.g. data injection).
- Upload compositions through OAM files
- Compositions are exposed through blocks
- Full field support incl. ajax upload
- Inline and iframe embedding
- Field formatters: stage, poster, colorbox
- Automatic stage dimension detection
- Sharing of libraries between compositions
- Show multiple composition on one page
- Multiple blocks per composition
- Views integration
- Data injection
- Data injection handler (needs testing)
- Clean API for developers
- Fully themeable through templates
Edge Suite (2.x) is based on entities which ensures a clean and easy API and an (most likely) easy
upgrade path to Drupal 8 in the future.
Version 2.x is fresh out of the box and includes a complete rewrite and a lot of new features (field support). It appears quiet stable but can not be considered to be ready for production yet. Please help to test the 2.x-dev branch and report any issues. The more you test the sooner Edge Suite will get stable!
Currently there is no plan for an upgrade path. If you really do need to migrate 1.x to 2.x open up an issue. As soon as version 2.x seems stable version 1.x will be deprecated.
Recommended modules (2.x)
Allowing users to upload edge compositions enables them to deploy random HTML
'Full HTML Text format' permission, which makes your site vulnerable to cross-site
scripting (XSS). Conclusion: ONLY ALLOW TRUSTED USERS TO UPLOAD OAMS!
Please help to review and test the module. Feedback is appreciated. When experiencing problems with a particular OAM, file an issue and sent the OAM to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EdgeWeek screencast on views, view modes, blocks and fields
- Edge Docks tutorial on how to set everything up and work with blocks
- Official documentation is available at Edge Docks
- Insert / CKEditor / wysiwyg plugin
Special thanks to Simon Widjaja for sharing his inside knowledge on Edge Animate and his constant feedback.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 378 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 3,586
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.