This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
I use the following symbolic links structure on our servers and wrote a bash script for handling Drupal updates years ago.
Within this structure and this drush command, it is now possible to do that via drush.
Here is the very specific structure this command deals with for multi-drupalupdate and multi-create:
drupal/ |-- 6.x -> drupal-6.14 |-- 6.x_backup |-- 6.x_profiles |-- 6.x_sites | |-- all | |-- default | |-- example.com | | |-- files | | |-- modules | | `-- themes | `-- sub.example.com | |-- files | |-- modules | `-- themes `-- drupal-6.14 |-- includes |-- misc |-- modules |-- profiles -> ../6.x_profiles |-- scripts `-- sites -> ../6.x_sites
- drush multi-drupalupdate
- Updates the installation if there is a new minor release available and preserves all detected symlinks, like sites and profiles above
- drush multi-create
- Creates a Drupal multisite installation, supports usage of drush_make makefiles
- drush multi-site
- Creates a site within the installation
- drush multi-status
- An extended drush core status
- drush multi-exec
- Removed: Execute a drush command on all sites (batch mode)
- drush multi-sql-dump
- An extended sql dump
- drush multi-nagios
- Moved and will be removed soon: Command for use as nagios plugin to monitor Drupal sites and Drupal installations with exit status and status message.
You can find the isolatated nagios functionality at Drush Nagios (drush_nagios).
- Since this is an extension to the Drupal Shell aka drush, you will need drush
- Drush Multi requires drush v. 4 with a builddate newer or equal 27. Dec 2010 20:16:32 (1293480992).
For more details like arguments, options, and examples, please take a look at the help provided by each command or take a look at the drush_multi Doxygen documentation..
Thanks to the mighty hundfred, friend and Bastard Operator from Hell.
This module was sponsored by ISL Individuelle System Lösungen.
This command still under development. Not for use on production sites.
Use at own risk!
Before running, make backups of your sites and data!
Try a dry run with -s / --simulate and -v / --verbose options first to see what will happen.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Administration, Drush, Features Package, Multisite
- Last modified: 10 November 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.