Please use drush which now includes drush make (as of 5.x).
Drush make does not turn modules on automatically: it only assembles Drupal directories -- it does not touch any database.
drush make command can be executed from a path within a Drupal codebase or independent of any Drupal sites entirely.
Build a Drupal site at
example/including Drupal core and any projects defined in the makefile:
drush make example.make example
Build a tarball of the platform above as
drush make --tar example.make example
Build an installation profile within an existing Drupal site:
drush make --no-core --contrib-destination=. installprofile.make
Documentation & other resources
- Drush Make theory for happy profile development
- INSTALL.txt - install instructions
- README.txt - syntax and usage documentation
- EXAMPLE.make - example makefile
- Using squid as a caching server for drush module downloads by acrollet
- Dmitri Gaskin (dmitrig01)
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: Obsolete
- Downloads: 188,368
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases receive coverage from the Drupal Security Team.
Look for the shield icon below.