D7 and Content Taxonomy
The module provides extensions to Drupal's core Taxonomy Term Reference Fields. At the moment, following extensions are available:
- Parent term selector in the field settings (for options lists)
- Options for new terms in autocomplete (Autocomplete Deluxe widget supported as well):
- Allow and insert new terms (default behaviour)
- Allow and insert new terms into a separate vocabulary
- Deny any new terms
For migrating from D6, see notes at the end.
This module provides a CCK field type for referencing taxonomy terms.
The fields are independent from vocabulary settings. For every field you can specify following settings:
- widget type (see list below)
- general CCK settings (label, description, fieldgroup, weight, single/multiple, required, ...)
- the vocabulary to use
- further settings for hierarchical vocabularies, like the depth of the tree or a parent term for sub-trees
- storage settings: storage is done in the CCK tables. But for many modules it's necessary, that the saved values are also available to the core Taxonomy system. In this case it's possible to save values additionally to the core taxonomy database table. (Drupal 6)
- widget-specific settings
Content Taxonomy is going to hide all form fields from the core Taxonomy module from vocabularies, which are handled by a Content Taxonomy field (since Beta 6).
At the moment there are following widgets available:
- Select lists
- Radio Buttons / Checkboxes (depending if single or multiple field)
- Autocompletes (supports Active Tags)
- Hierarchical Select
- Activeselect (Drupal 5 only)
- Taxonomy Tree - requires the Taxonomy Manager (Drupal 6 only)
A good comparison between the different CCK/Taxonomy Modules is available here.
Migration from D6 to D7 Term Reference Fields:
- first backup your DB (there might still be some problems with multiple value fields #1103026)
- run the core upgrade path
- download and install the Content Migrate (CCK) module
- download and install the Content Taxonomy Migrate module
- goto Structure > Migrate and select your fields to upgrade
- clear caches
- check if the data is available or rollback
note: the Content Taxonomy module in D7 allows you to select the parent term in the field settings, but all other advanced settings will be lost when upgrading.
Concerning the HS integration in D6, the data will be migrated, but a re-configuration of the HS widget, which is independent from this module, will be necessary.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: Maintenance fixes only
- Module categories: Content Construction Kit (CCK), Fields, Taxonomy
- Reported installs: 21,859 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 351,164
- Last modified: March 21, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.