Posted by RobLoach on
drush dl composer-8.x-1.x
git clone --branch 8.x-1.x http://git.drupal.org/project/composer.git ~/.drush/composer
Since this is Drush extension that works across all versions of Drush, it doesn't need a different release for each different Drupal version. Hence this just being an 8.x project.
- Lists all available Composer commands.
drush composer install
- Parses composer.json, and installs all dependencies
drush composer update
- Updates your dependencies to the latest version, and updates cached information.
drush composer init
- Walk through a wizard to create your own composer.json file.
drush composer create-project symfony/symfony
- Downloads the symfony/symfony project and all its dependencies.
This is a list of some of the Drupal modules that integrate with Composer.
- Composer Manager
- Provides a user interface to let you know when you should update your dependencies, along with a single library space and autoloader.
- Composer Autoload
- This module automatically loads all autoload.php files and cache them appropriately.
- Composer Vendor
- Similar to Composer Autoload, but expects your vendor code to be at sites/all/vendor.
- Symfony module
- An example of a Drupal module using Composer for its external dependencies.
- Git Wrapper
- Allows integration with a Git repository.
The following is an example of a composer.json file that will download the latest in the 1.0.* branch of Monolog...
See Packagist for a repository of available packages to install and depend on.