The Chessboard Renderer project was created by vyvee on August 21, 2006.
This chess module renders chessboard diagrams specified with the FEN syntax or a simple piece placement format.
You can find a nice chess game viewer at the pgn4web project. If you're looking for turn-based play, take a look at Chess and Vchess. And don't forget to join the g.d.o. Chess group.
Chessboard 7.x-1.x adds a chessboard diagram filter to your site, for use with text formats (See your admin/help/filter page). This filter adds the ability to use chessboard diagrams in any text field that uses a text format (such as the body of a content item or the text of a comment). To use it, simply enable it on the text formats of your choosing.
Our 2.x branch is open for introducing full-blown board representation. Note that the 2.x development snapshots should be considered pre-alpha. API's may change without notice. Chessboard 7.x-2.x will have the exact same system requirements as 8.x-2.x.
#D8CX: I pledge that Chessboard will have a full Drupal 8 release on the day that Drupal 8 is released.
#D7CX: I pledge that Chessboard Renderer will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released - PLEDGE FULFILLED
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Games and Amusements
- Reported installs: 34 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 17,999
- Automated tests: Enabled
- Last modified: November 7, 2015
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.