Creates a breadcrumb trail, which serves as a navigational aid for the user. The breadcrumb trail contains links to pages higher in site hierarchy, i.e., above the current location.
The primary goal of this project is to replace Drupal core's breadcrumb trails functionality deeply buried into
includes/menu.inc by moving it into a dedicated module, to be moved into core for D8.
Co-authors + maintainers wanted.
- Expose a block containing the breadcrumb. Make it possible to spawn multiple blocks (configurations) for Panels (Everywhere) compatiblity.
- Configuration options:
- Optional custom prefix; e.g., "You are here:" (none by default)
- Separator character/string, if any. (» by default)
- Whether to include current page, optionally clickable. (disabled by default)
- Configurable "Home" string.
- Whether to hide breadcrumb if it only contains "Home".
- Make it exportable.
- Default to menu_get_active_breadcrumb() as data source, but allow to tie in other modules (such as Hansel breadcrumbs, Clickpath, or custom code)
- Purposively account for "attached alike" breadcrumb enhancements like a "Back to last non-admin page" link prefixed to the output, or a custom #pre_render that needs the entire menu link $tree for each link in $trail to convert each breadcrumb link into a dropdown link list providing access to sibling pages (like Crumbdown).
- Consider merging one or more of the following:
- Menu Breadcrumb
- Menu Trails
- Custom Breadcrumbs
- Node Trail
- Taxonomy Menu Trails
- Taxonomy Breadcrumb
- Primary term / Primary Term to Active Menu Item
...but stay within the common scope and constraints of Drupal core.
- Move this module into Drupal 8 core.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Downloads: 3,255
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.