This project is not covered by Drupal’s security advisory policy.
Book Menus allows you to set books as normal drupal menus. This means they will be listed in
admin/structure/menu, and have all of the additional functionality that comes along with it.
This will allow you to use menu-manipulation modules. For example, the initial development was due to wanting a more flexible book menu structure with titles/sections that are not necessarily links. This can be done using book_menus along with special_menu_items.
Another possibility would be to use it with menu_html. Say you have icons requiring special markup like
<span class="icon-book"></span>. Book menus will allow you to do this since it's a normal menu.
- Enable as usual,
- To manage the menu, the user must have the
administer menuspermission, in addition to the normal book permissions.
- Create some books,
- Navigate to
admin/content/book/settingsand chose the Book Menus,
- On the book list page, the edit operation will redirect to the normal menu,
- You can also see the menu at
- Modify the menu as required.
This menu provides a block, Book Menu Navigation, that is similar in functionality to core book.module with the show block only on book pages setting.
However, the main difference it that it will always show the full tree. This was necessary as non-book menu links and #below items weren't getting rendered as core book.module passes the book menu item to menu_tree_output.
You can still use the core book.module Book Navigation block, but on Book Menus it will likely be the Book Menus navigation block you're looking for.
- As this module intercepts the
admin/content/book/*page, other book manipulation module may not work with it,
- Since the book navigation is a real menu, you can optionally integrate it with menu modules such as nice_menus.
- Maintenance status: Seeking co-maintainer(s)
- Development status: Under active development
- Module categories: Site Navigation
- Reported installs: 435 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 1,603
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
Use at your own risk! It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities.