Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
This module will automatically create a main book page for content type selected in Book made simple settings. This is a shortcut to create a node and click on Update book outline.
A dropdown listbox will be added in books links. Only allowed content-type (define in content-type settings) are printed. Selecting a content type will add it as a child page of the book page.
- Extract zip file in the modules directory
- Enable the module in the admin settings
Migration from old BookMadeSimple module
- disable old BookMadeSimple module
- remove BookMadeSimple directory
- install new Book Made Simple module
- enable Book Made Simple module
- Go to Book Made Simple settings and :
- Select defaults content types that will populate the "Add child page" dropdown list in book links. This will be overriden by content-type settings.
- Select content types to auto create main book page when creating.
- Check "Hide default add child link" to hide Drupal default add child link
You can also define allowed content-type as child per content-type (in content-type settings).
Version 3 updates
Some features have been changed with version 3:
- Permission have been renamed ("links" => "tabs") so you must re-enter them.
- A new permision "Show (checked) or hide (unchecked) outline section in form elements" have been added
- Setting "Forbid creation of book main page" allows now creation of content-type as standalone but cannot be modified to be main page of book
- New setting "Content type can only be created inside a book" prevents creation of node outside a book
It is strongly encouraged to hide Outline tab, because it is simplier to modify book list in form element.
- Maintenance status: Minimally maintained
- Development status: No further development
- Reported installs: 838 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 6,357
- Last modified: April 7, 2016
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.