The Blame module is an audit tool that allows the site administrator (or those with appropriate permissions) to see changes that have been made to any form on their Drupal website. The purpose of this module is to provide the ability to quickly identify which user made which changes to which form at a specific time. This includes node forms, contact forms, administrative settings, webforms, etc.
The Blame module is a fully automized tool that logs all of the form submitted data of any form submitted on your website, whether that be a node form, an admin settings form, etc. It then stores the form fields submitted and compares the results the next time the form is submitted. If changes have been made, it logs who submitted the form, what time they submitted the form, and lists all of the "changes" that where made from the previous form as well as the entire form submitted data (for more granular insite respectively).
This allows administrators the ability to "go back" and see which user on their site changed which form and which changes where made specifically. This can be used to:
- Find issues that may have surfaced due to a change in the system and easily revert those changes back to how they were before.
- Maintain a running log of all changes to a specific form to identify what was done over a course of time.
Think of this module a an advanced automated re-visioning system for all form based data submitted in Drupal.
Drupal 6 (minimally maintained)
- Download and install the module in admin/build/modules
- Configure the module in admin/settings/blame
- View the blame reports in admin/reports/blame