Automatically convert certain classed links to modal popups and provides an API to add custom modals quickly and easily.
With this tool, you can cause links to automatically open in modal dialogs. The module's code simply examines all links in a document and turns any link with the designated CSS selectors (by default, the class
automodal), and turns those links into modal links.
For example, by default it looks for links like this:
<a href="http://example.com" class="automodal">Click me!</a>
The link above has the class
automodal, and so the automodal module will cause this link to open in a modal dialog.
Note: The purpose of this tool is to open other pages on the Drupal site to open in modals, not to redirect off site.
One of the important features of this module -- and something that distinguishes it from other modal modules, is that this one works fine with Drupal FAPI forms.
With automodal you can create your own usages of modals with custom settings using automodal_add() and the several hooks that allow you to plug into the features of Modal Frame.
- Modal Node Reference: Create a node referenced node on the fly in a modal.
- Entablificate: Turn panel panes into blazingly fast tabs.
- ModalFrame Exclude From Node: Exclude Fields from a node form when displayed through ModalFrame.
This module depends on ModalFrame, which in turn depends on jQuery UI.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 725 sites currently report using this module. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 11,551
- Last modified: December 2, 2014
- Stable releases are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.