Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Aegir-up provides a collaborative, distributed development environment, that encourages the use of Drupal best-practices. It deploys the Aegir Hosting System in a local virtual environment for development and testing. It provides all the ease-of-use of Aegir, wrapped in the convenience of Vagrant-based virtual machines. Creating sites and platforms is a matter of a click or two, while rebuilding the entire environment is a matter of minutes.
From a technical stand-point, Aegir-up is a Drush extension that implements so called blueprint to use by Drush Vagrant. This, in turn, builds a virtual machine atop Vagrant and Virtualbox, and configures it using Puppet.
VM life cycle
Setup your system
- Install system dependencies: Drush, Vagrant, VirtualBox and, optionally, an NFS-server (ref.)
- Install Drush dependencies (Drush Vagrant Integration and Drush Hosts):
drush dl drush-vagrant drush-hosts(ref.)
- Install Aegir-up:
drush dl aegir-up
- Build a new project:
- Respond to prompts for additional information required to build your project
- Wait while the Vagrant base box is downloaded (this will take a few minutes, but is only required once)
- Wait a couple more minutes while your VM is provisioned
- The output contains a one-time login link to access your new Aegir VM (printed in red within the provisioning messages part)
Use the VM
- Start the VM with
drush @your-vm-alias vagrant up
- Become the Aegir user
drush @your-vm-alias vagrant-shell
- Become Vagrant user
cd <vagrant project dir>; vagrant sshto get a shell
- Stop the VM with
drush @your-vm-alias vagrant suspend
Rebuild the VM
- If your broke something just run
drush @your-vm-alias vagrant-rebuild
For a better idea of where we're headed with Aegir-up, check out the. Feel free to suggest features and improvements in that issue, or .
N.B. Aegir-up is NOT intended for production hosting.
While we hope you find Aegir-up useful for development and testing, out-of-the-box it is not equiped for production use (i.e., minimal or no security, monitoring, backup/restore facilities, &c.)
- Maintenance status: Unsupported
- Development status: No further development
- Module categories: Developer, Drush, Multisite, Third-party Integration
- Downloads: 11,098
- Last modified: May 27, 2016
- This project is not covered by the security advisory policy.
It may have publicly disclosed vulnerabilities. Use at your own risk!