No code - no problem!
Adaptivetheme for Drupal 8 is a base theme designed for people who don’t code, or for those who only want to write a bit of CSS but still want a sleek and sophisticated theme for todays mobile web - and beyond.
Use the AT Generator module (included in AT Tools) to generate unlimited themes, clones of themes, and even skin themes. You never interact with Adaptivetheme (at_core) directly, it simply provides the advanced features used by your sub-themes.
- Theme generator using AT Tools module.
- Generate page suggestions and modify page layout.
- Set column layout per breakpoint (and per suggestions).
- Re-order row layouts per breakpoint (and per suggestions).
- Uses Flexbox.
- Easily create new regions, rows and layouts.
- Breakpoint module support.
- Responsive layouts for Display Suite, Paragraphs and Panels.
- Web fonts, support for Google, Typekit and local fonts
- Responsive menus - 8 different menu styles built in.
- Responsive local tasks, pagers, tables, book navigation etc.
- CSS shortcodes.
- CSS Animations.
- Slideshows and carousels built in (flexslider) with configurable settings.
- Image field positioning & captions.
- Touch icon support for iOS - default set included.
- Hide or show blocks in mobile
- Color module support (optional).
- Many JS plugins included - all loaded from the super-fast Cloudflare CDN.
- ... and a lot more!
- Download and place in the /themes/ directory.
- Download the AT Tools module, place in the /modules/ directory and enable both the AT Tools module and AT Theme Generator sub-module.
~/admin/appearance/at_generate(click Appearance tab, then AT Theme Generator).
- Create your new sub-theme.
- Goto the List page and enable you new sub-theme.
Please view the documentation for more about using and theming with Adaptivetheme.
ATD8 For Coders
There is absolutely no requirement to write code or even copy/paste/search/replace to build themes with ATD8, those days are gone (machines do it better), but if you really want to...
ATD8 is built using modern front end dev tools such as SASS and Grunt. It includes an extensive UIKit built with SASS and uses Susy2 for layout, Compass vertical rhythm and Modular Scale. Browser prefixes are applied using PostCSS. A .csslintrc file is included. Useful task-runners are setup and ready to go in the Gruntfile.
Please refer to the README files in the UIKit - please see this issue regarding the recent change from Ruby Sass to Libsass / Bundler to Bower.
The docs are growing fast - new docs added everyday. Layout, Theme Generation and many other pages now live.
There is documentation on setting up and using D7 Adaptivetheme for themers and site builders available in our documentation section.
To help support our open source projects we offer our Premium Drupal Theme Club.
- Maintenance status: Actively maintained
- Development status: Under active development
- Reported installs: 65,175 sites currently report using this theme. View usage statistics.
- Downloads: 841,226
- Last modified: 31 March 2017
- Stable releases for this project are covered by the security advisory policy.
Look for the shield icon below.