Simplenews publishes and sends newsletters to lists of subscribers. Both anonymous and authenticated users can opt-in to different mailing lists. HTML email can be sent by adding Mime Mail module for D7 and Swiftmailer for D8.
- Sending nodes as newsletters to subscribers
- Multiple newsletter categories with separate settings
- Per category and multi-signup Blocks and Pages
- Subscriber management including mass-subscription and export
- Optional E-mail confirmations for anonymous users
- Customizable newsletter templates
- Support for HTML (including text alternative) newsletter when used in combination with a supported mail system module
- Views and Rules integration
- Support for multi-language newsletters
The Drupal 8 port is well progressed and will be ready when Drupal 8 is.
All further feature requests are subject to 8.x. A backport to 7.x is still possible.
Find a previous Drupal 7 roadmap here. D6 is now bugfixing only. The branch 7.x-2.x is experimental only.
- In D6 using Poormanscron can cause simplenews to send multiple copies of the same email to the same recipient. Therefore I strongly advise against using Poormanscron.. Use cron(tab) and cron.php instead. See this issue. In D7 we use locking which should prevent sending multiple copies. However you can expect much more timing accuracy and reproducibility when using a real cron. If you want support, please setup cron. first
- Simplenews conflicts with the Newsletter module, it's not possible to use both at the same time. See
Simplenews is currently maintained by MD Systems (by Miro Dietiker, Berdir, s_leu) with the help of Simon Georges of Makina-Corpus.
Originally written by DriesK, later maintained by RobRoy and Sutharsan.
If Simplenews is critical for your business, please contact us and help support the ongoing further development of this module. Your donations are appreciated. Also if you like to join the Simplenews maintainer team, don't hesitate to contact us. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
The following modules work with Simplenews: