Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
The LDAP project allows you to integrate your organization's existing LDAP-enabled identity management service (such as Active Directory) into Drupal. Components:
LDAP Project Modules
- LDAP Servers. Stores connection information for ldap servers and relationships between ldap and drupal users. Also contains api functions for LDAP project.
- LDAP User (7.x-2.x branch). Controls provisioning and synching mappings of Drupal user fields and properties to and from LDAP Entry attributes.
- LDAP Query. Stores individual queries that can be leveraged by other modules such as LDAP Feeds and LDAP Views.
- LDAP Authentication. Authentication via user credential checking or single sign on methods such as NTLM.
- LDAP Authorization. Conversion of ldap user data to drupal roles, organic group memberships and other authorization consumers.
- LDAP Feeds. Fetchers for LDAP Queries and LDAP Users to integrate with Drupal Feeds module.
- LDAP Views. Views module integration for LDAP Query resultsets
- LDAP Help. Helper module for debugging configuration issues with other LDAP Modules.
- LDAP Test (7.x-2.x branch). This is simply for automated test coverage and never needs to be enabled; the simpletests will enable it while running. It contains the mock ldap server and related helper functions.
LDAP Authorization and Authentication can be used together or independently of one another, but both require a working server definition in LDAP Servers.
Common Use Cases For LDAP
- Provision and authenticate users based on LDAP credentials
- Grant Drupal Roles based on LDAP entry attributes
- Grant OG Membership based on LDAP entry attributes
- Use feeds to create or update nodes or user data based on ldap queries.
- Provision and synch between LDAP Entries and Drupal Users.