About this theme
Mix and Match for Drupal 7 is a subtheme of the AdaptiveTheme base theme, and was designed for Drupal site builders who want to start with something more styled than a base theme, but less restrictive than many of the custom themes. This theme provides many different color options and a lot of layout and style flexibility.
On the main theme configuration page users can set colors for basic elements of their site (background, navigation, footer, headers, links). AdaptiveTheme also provides a number of options for customizing layout, responsive design setup, font styles and much, much more. If the Skinr module is also enabled, users can also customize the appearance of individual blocks or panels.
Note: for a version of the following documentation that includes screenshots, please visit the Mix and Match demo site
Installation and Configuration (Drupal 7 only)
- Install and enable both AdaptiveTheme and Mix and Match
- Download and enable the Skinr module
- Go to the Mix and Match theme configuration page (admin/appearance/settings/mix_and_match). The top section are all styles specific to Mix and Match. Select your basic color scheme and set background colors and styles for text, regions and blocks. Note: block styles are the defaults that will be applied to blocks in the main content area. You can override these on individual blocks if you are using the Skinr module.
- After setting the Mix and Match styles, go through the section "Layout & General Settings" and select options that are available from the AdaptiveTheme base theme. Please refer to the documentation for AdaptiveTheme for more detailed info: http://adaptivethemes.com/documentation
If you are used to using the Mix and Match theme that was based on the Fusion base theme, then you'll find the configuration options are quite different. You will lose a few options, primarily related to block positioning and sizing. However, there are also many new options and I think you'll find overall this is a more powerful and flexible setup. Here are some tips for configuring some aspects of the theme that previously were handled by Fusion:
- Typography options are more more extensive with AdaptiveTheme. To set font families, sizes and styles, go to the Extensions section on the theme configuration page and check "Fonts" and "Title Styles". Save, and then a new section "Extensions" will be displayed on the configuration page where you can control a huge range of options related to your fonts.
- While this does not use a true grid system, you can still do some basic configuration of your block number and widths within a region. In the Extensions section, select "Float Region blocks" and then options will be shown for each region in the Extensions section at the bottom of the page.