At its core, the Video module is a field and handler for CCK; it enhances CCK and Filefield to provide video uploading, video transcoding (local ffmpeg default), video thumbnail creation and selection; and choice of playback method per format.
Additional features for Video module include: Zencoder transcoding integration, Amazon S3 integration and attaching FTP'd file to nodes.
Other modules which Video module integrates with are; SWF Tools and Flowplayer (use these if you need more video player options).
- Amazon S3 on Video (included in Video module)
- Zencoder API on Video (included in Video module)
- Video FTP (included in Video module)
- FFMPEG Wrapper (http://drupal.org/project/ffmpeg_wrapper)
- SWF Tools (http://drupal.org/project/swftools)
- Flowplayer API (http://drupal.org/project/flowplayer)
Once you have installed and configured CCK, Filefield and a video player (optional) you can then install Video module from the module administration page (Administer > Site building > Modules).