Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
Events functionality is an important part of groups.drupal.org. We want to make it more useful both for event organizers and event attendees.
Current events listing http://groups.drupal.org/events is a calendar view and is not very convenient for finding events.
As a first step for making events on g.d.o more amazing we want to redesign this page, to make it primary point for anyone looking for Drupal-related events.
Note that we are currently implementing more simple version, which can be done while we are still on Drupal 6. Things like map of events etc. will be discussed when g.d.o will run on Drupal 7 (for example on Commons)
Page on development site: http://events-groups.redesign.devdrupal.org/events
- Enable Better exposed filters module http://drupal.org/project/better_exposed_filters (Latest 6.x-2.x dev)
- Remove events -> event path alias at admin/build/path/list/event
- Add custom date format "M j, Y H:i" and "Events signup" format type
- Deploy latest code in BZR (includes theme & modules)
- Make sure admin/build/features has groups.drupal.org misc in Default state
- Configure "recent_signups: Block" block to show only on events and events/* This block should be above "Drupal Events Activity" block.
- Configure "Drupal Events Activity" block to show only on events and events/*. Make sure it has title "Drupal Events Activity".
- Configure "Modr8 moderator's block" for not to show it on events and events/*
- Add default user picture: at admin/user/settings set it to sites/all/themes/bluecheese/images/default-avatar.png
- Make sure "Events" item of the top menu links to new /events page and it's first on the left.