The dashboard doesn't save its current state when moving to another page, or reloading the dashboard.

i.e. if I move a widget to the left... i reload/change page... i come back to the dashboard, the widget is back in its default location.


ThisIsntSparta’s picture

Figured this out.. it had more than 3 columns. why is this happeneding?

Rob C’s picture

Priority: Major » Critical

more than 3 columns?

What did you do to 'figure it out' This, cause i got this on a new site where it used to work just fine.

After some testing (going to test some more) i found out that if 2 people use the same account and visit the dashboard (from the same ip), people's dashboard tends to freak out sometimes and i can't find a way to fix this. (and from what i understand this should not happen at All) (And if it's even the 'real' error, cause i got to much stuff on this site and don't wanna break it even more.)

So i am really interested in what you have figured out This, as are 'the others' i wanna bet ya.

And while i got this, it's kinda 'critical', cause it consists of a basic functionality error, and that's darn close to 'earth coming to an end'-stuff. Pardon my language.
(a big list with all the dashes on the left is not kinda what the module should do, right? :-) )

- tried devel
- emptied all caches
- hardcoded the rebuild registry
- created a new account
- enabled/disabled a Lot of stuff, nothing so far.
- going to start on a fresh install

(Tested some more on a beta site that runs the same code as the live site, just noticed this site also has the problem, but it does not end up with a big list on the left. The state the dashboard was in a couple days ago is saved, but it forgets any changes made as soon as i navigate somewhere else. Same case on this site, someone else accessed it with the same account 3 days ago, before that i didn't have any problems.)

Rob C’s picture

Priority: Critical » Major

Okay, i think this issue can be closed / changed? After some investigation i found the jquery update module (v2) has problems with the dashboard 2.0 (or the jQuery UI? 1.4) module. (That's jquery 1.4.2?) It's used on a site i started to maintain for the rounded_corners module. To bad, we'll try something else for rounded corners until the issue with jquery update is fixed. Maybe create a separate issue for this? Stuff breaks on installing jquery update 2 module. The issue seems limited to the saving of the locations of the dashboard's widgets. (everything else seems to work just fine)

centas’s picture

so what is that I have to do in order to make it work? :)
tried dowmgrading jqury, still no luck.
Seems like "$('>li>a', $this).data('widget', $this).click(function() {" on line 210 of dashboard.js
is not executed, which I believe is the behaviour description to send an ajax call to save the change.

and of course thank for all your hard work :)

centas’s picture

ok, magic happens. put jQuery v1.3.2 and jQuery UI v1.7.3 and it all works fine

guimguim’s picture

Hi all,

I think i found the origin of this problem that may not occure on every installation :

In, line 204, function 'dashboard_widget_reorder' won't execute properly in some cases :

$page_id = db_result(db_query("SELECT page_id FROM dashboard_page WHERE uid = '%d'", $user->uid));

name of the SQL table used should be in written between "{}" :

$page_id = db_result(db_query("SELECT page_id FROM {dashboard_page} WHERE uid = '%d'", $user->uid));

If you use prefixed table names in your drupal installation, you will always get this problem (but not with default names on a fresh drupal install). I changed this on my installation and it works nice now. It would be nice if someone with commit rights on this project could fix this!

guimguim’s picture

is anyone still maintaining this? can I help ?

smthomas’s picture

I have a few patches that I have added in other issues that I would also like committed to dev if possible. I have posted a few patches/issues going back over 10 months without a response from a maintainer so I know it is not actively being maintained. I would also be interested in helping out.

smthomas’s picture

I had this same issue. I had the Jquery UI module installed with the 1.6 version of the library. I also had the Jquery Update module installed.

As mentioned above, the fix is as simple as downloading the 1.7 version of the Jquery UI library to replace the 1.6 version.

guimguim’s picture

changing jquery UI wasn't necessary in my case. I suggest we contact developpers of this project.