Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Drupal.org does not react to the viewport size of the viewer, this means that, for example, the text size on issue queue pages is tiny. That is, the Bluecheese theme is not responsive nor adaptive.
Get a development sandbox
@lewisnyman intially outlined a way to proceed:
- Throw some mobile friendly meta tags in there
- Convert the grid system to % instead of pixels using the target / context equation. It's important that we leave the main page wrapper fixed at 960px during this period so we can verify the proportions match the pixel based layout.
- Remove any crazy set heights.
- Take off fixed 960px width off the main page wrapper.
- Add single Desktop first media query to switch to a single column layout.
- Bug fixing
The layout for Drupal.org is very complex with a lot of elements being thrown around. A single media query trigger is being explored using Omega (Responsive Drupal.org - What we want in a framework) but will ultimately provide us with a bad mobile/tablet/etc experience. See
We have a development sandbox here: http://responsive-drupal.redesign.devdrupal.org/
7.x-2.xto get upstream changes.
Change anything overriding drupalorg code, such as
home.jsinto patches for drupalorg. Site-specific code overriding site-specific code is not maintainable.
template.phpadditions into patches for drupalorg or drupalorg_crosssite. No new PHP should be added to the theme unless absolutely necessary.
should have a resolution on the
- Anything else practical to make the diff between
7.x-2.xsmaller and more reviewable.
User interface changes
Hopefully we'll make Drupal.org responsive/adaptive.
Original report by [username]
It wound be great to have a more mobile friendly site. At least the project issue queue's does zoom if you double tip them. The font is toooo small to read. Would be really great if there is a mobile version or at least a version that works much better on small displays like the iphone.