Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The current Case Studies section on Drupal.org (http://drupal.org/cases) is incredibly sad, lacks images of any kind whatsoever, and is filled with outdated information (and even some sites that are no longer Drupal sites—oops!)
Create a dedicated content type for case studies, plus a view to show them off, and wrap it into a feature.
Basic functionality for case studies is ready.
For next steps check initiative page: http://drupal.org/community-initiatives/drupalorg-content
User interface changes
- New content type "Case study", with several fields (
"http://drupal.org/files/Joe's%20Ball%20Bearings%20%7C%20drupal.org_1328471604013.png">screenshot of form / screenshot of display)
- New view displaying case studies in teaser mode, filterable by sector: http://drupal.org/files/Drupal%20Case%20Studies%20%7C%20drupal.org_13284...
- New block to encourage creation of new case studies
http://drupal.org/case-studies... content suggestions in comments below
Ensure Sector taxonomy allows the content type 'Case study'
Original report by drumm
This section of the redesign wasn't implemented in the MVP. An overview of the other issues related to case studies can be found at http://drupal.org/community-initiatives/drupalorg-content
1. Build case study (this issue)
- Leader image(s) follow ideal upload strategy researched for project nodes
- Add taxonomy like http://drupal.org/cases
- references to Drupal shops and people that worked on the site, integrated with http://drupal.org/marketplace.
2. Make the case study page view (this issue)
- Keep it basic, like Sites Made with Drupal block on home page, repeated 3x per row, a few rows per page
3. Make it into a feature
TODO after this is done
Create issue: Replace links on homepage with links to the new case study content
Create issue: Edit showcase forum as needed, direct people to case study content
Additional things to think about:
- Break up the layout a bit with different sizes?
- Make room for ads?
- More complex featuring than simply 'promote to front page'?
|#59||Create Case study - showcase drupal dev.png||406.02 KB||drumm|