Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
noting all the related projects i could find for a comparison:
* Total Admin Control - allows creating multiple dashboards, with a set of conditions and content/blocks/views/cck fields/widgets. very complex because it's based on Chaos Tools
* Homebox - allows creating multiple dashboards with blocks and views blocks
* Dashboard allows creating multiple dashboards (but not per account) for admins to use, containing blocks (very buggy)
* User Dashboard - allows creating a dashboard with limited options
* Dashboard for users - allows creating dashboards per user, using blocks (couldn't get it to work)
Total Admin Control is by far the best imo.
it's also the most complex...