DXMPP creates a themeable browser chat client for an XMPP server.
Before installing DXMPP module you need to setup an XMPP server. Follow this guide on how to setup an XMPP for use with Drupal if you haven't done so already.
- Copy the DXMPP module folder(dxmpp) to your module directory and then enable the module on the admin modules page.
- Download the latest stable release of the Strophe library and extract the entire folder into sites/all/libraries.
- If you don't have a reverse proxy to the XMPP Server, download the latest stable release of the flXHR library and extract the entire folder into sites/all/libraries.
- Go to DXMPP settings page(admin/settings/dxmpp) and enter the XMPP Server domain & XMPP BOSH URL of your XMPP server. Enable flXHR, if required. You may also wish to change other settings. After you have done so save your settings.
- Setup the correct DXMPP permissions for authenticated users.
- Enable DMPP Chat block from the admin block page. Thats it!