1) Installed modules: Webform 3.x beta6, path, pathauto + basics
2) Create a webform: Customize the path for the node. Remove the check box for "Use automatic path" for this node. Enter a custom path.
3) Edit the Form Settings in this new Webform Node.
4) The pathauto resets itself.

Can anyone confirm?



jjchinquist’s picture

By the way, I am very impressed by the work that has gone into created version 3 of this module! THANKS very much.

quicksketch’s picture

Thanks jjchinquist. This is sounds like a bug in pathauto. In otherwords, path auto does not save the node properly when this combination is done:

= node_load($nid);
quicksketch’s picture

Category:bug» support
Status:Active» Postponed

I'm moving this to postponed, since it's a pathauto bug, not one in Webform.

quicksketch’s picture

Status:Postponed» Closed (fixed)

Closing after lack of activity. My guess is this has already been fixed in pathauto.

jerdavis’s picture

Status:Closed (fixed)» Needs work

Re-opening this as we're seeing this same behavior on a production site. Path auto has fixed one bug where they themselves were triggering this "I'm going to forget that you wanted to manually set the URL alias" bug, but obviously other modules are still able to trigger it. I can edit the node itself all day long, but as soon as I submit Form settings for webform the automatic alias gets blown away.

@quicksketch should we move this to the pathauto queue?

quicksketch’s picture

Project:Webform» Pathauto
Version:6.x-3.0-beta6» 6.x-1.5
Category:support» bug
Status:Needs work» Active

I would be shocked if there wasn't already an existing issue for this, it's such an obvious deficiency in Pathauto. But we can move it over there and see if they have anything to add (see #2 for the problem summary).

greggles’s picture

Status:Active» Closed (duplicate)

This is probably a duplicate of #942326: not create path alias after node_save(); pattern [menupath-raw].html or #358722: Node aliases lost/changed when using i18n synchronize translations.

But does the problem go away if you use node_object_prepare prior to node_save?

boris sondagh’s picture

Status:Closed (duplicate)» Active

As far as I can tell this has nothing to do with the mentioned issues, problem is still active.

Dave Reid’s picture

Status:Active» Fixed

Use Pathauto persistent state in the meantime.

boris sondagh’s picture

Status:Fixed» Active

That's not working because off http://drupal.org/node/1125040
So then I have install a new module to fix a bug, but the new module contains new bugs. And the new bug is actualy quite worse then the one I'm trying to fix.

The problem, as far as I can tell, should be resolved by not making webform resetting the node to default settings.

firebus’s picture

Also, since Pathauto persistent state is more of a temporary workaround than a real fix, shouldn't this issue remain open until the fix is merged into pathauto module?

pearlliang’s picture

I had the same issue with drupal 6.22, pathauto 6.x-1.5, and webform 6.x-3.11. This is my solution:

I installed pathauto persist module (http://drupal.org/project/pathauto_persist) and applied the #275 patch listed here: http://drupal.org/node/269877.

It works for both the orginal webform node and translated webform node with the same non-automatic URL path alias.

I tried only install pathauto persist module and not applied the #275 patch. I set the same URL path aliast for two webform nodes (original language and translated language). Results: The origianl webform node's non-automatic URL path alias works OK but the translated webform node's non-automatic URL path alias got reset.

I tried only applied #275 patch but not installed pathauto persist module. I set the same URL path aliast for two webform nodes (original language and translated language). Results: The translated webform node's non-automatic URL path alias works OK but the original webform node's non-automatic URL path alias got reset to automatic alias.

So, I need to use both. The side effect is that a warning like this appearred:

user warning: Duplicate entry 'node-#' for key 'PRIMARY' query: INSERT INTO pathauto_persist (entity_type, entity_id, pathauto) VALUES ('node', #, 0) in C:\root\yourwebsitename\sites\subwebsitename\modules\pathauto_persist\pathauto_persist.module on line 24.

I ignored this warning and it still works ok. Hope my experience helps those who has the same problem with me.

Thanks Dave Reid, roderik, pfournier, pillarsdotnet for the contributed module and patch.

I hope the solutions can be incorporated in the next version of Pathauto module and/or core module. Thanks.

Dave Reid’s picture

Nor4a’s picture

#12 solved the issue. IN the current Drupal 6.25 - the core is already patched.