The text of my superfish menus were appearing quite fuzzy when viewed with IE 8 until I added this snippet to the superfish.js file (starting around line 109):

showSuperfishUl : function(){
      var o = sf.op,
        sh = sf.c.shadowClass+'-off',
        $ul = this.addClass(o.hoverClass)
          .find('>ul:hidden').css('visibility','visible');
      sf.IE7fix.call($ul);
      o.onBeforeShow.call($ul);
      $ul.animate(o.animation,o.speed,function()
{
                //This part is added to fix IE ClearType bug
if ($.browser.msie)
{
this.style.removeAttribute('filter');
}
/////////////////////////////////////////

sf.IE7fix.call($ul); o.onShow.call($ul); });
      return this;
    }
  });

I found this fix here: http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/a770eb96c8... and it seems to work, so I figured I'd share it with others. Might be worth patching the module if it doesn't screw anything else up. :)

Comments

mehrpadin’s picture

Status:Needs review» Closed (works as designed)

Thanks for this, added to the documentation.