Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
We want a dynamic block that shows images one by one randomly with a transition effect. From there, users can click on this block to access the image gallery in a shadowbox.
Be sure to follow the Shadowbox installation instructions because it requires an external library.
Secondly, create the view:
- Go to Site building > Views > Add
- Name: Gallery; Type: node; Click next then either setting under default or just add a block as a display.
- Basic settings:
- Name: Dynamic Image Block
- Title: Gallery
- Style: Rotor; Time: 2; Speed: 2; Effect: Random; Check Pause on hover
- Row style: Fields
- Use Ajax: yes
- Use pager: no
- Items to display: Unlimited
- Relationship: Content: Images - fid; check the box marked "Require this relationship". This is to eliminate the space left by node without image upload.
- Fields: add Content: Image; Check hide if empty; Label: none; Format: SB G field: 85x85_User_Picture to 640x480_Full
- Sort criteria: Global: Random asc
- Filters: Node publish: yes; Node: type = Mission update (This is a content type that has cck image field to upload image to the gallery)
- Block settings: Admin: Dynamic Image Block
- Remember to save your changes
Then go to Site building > Blocks and assign the Dynamic Image Block to the required area. Remember to save your changes.
You will now see a dynamic image block that shows an image randomly in a random transition effect.