Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2010-032
- Project: Taxonomy Breadcrumb (third-party module)
- Versions: 6.x-1.x, 5.x-1.x
- Date: 2010-March-31
- Security risk: Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Taxonomy Breadcrumb module generates taxonomy based breadcrumbs on node pages and taxonomy/term pages. This module does not properly sanitize taxonomy term name and, for 6.x, node titles when displayed in breadcrumbs, leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerability. XSS vulnerabilities may lead to compromise of administrative accounts or other attacks against site visitors.
- Taxonomy Breadcrumb module for Drupal 6.x version prior to 6.x-1.1.
- Taxonomy Breadcrumb module for Drupal 5.x versions prior to 5.x-1.5.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Taxonomy Breadcrumb module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version.
- If you use the Taxonomy Breadcrumb module for Drupal 6.x-1.x upgrade to Taxonomy Breadcrumb 6.x-1.1
- If you use the Taxonomy Breadcrumb module for Drupal 5.x-1.x upgrade to Taxonomy Breadcrumb 5.x-1.5
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.