Make something amazing, for anyone, at DrupalCon. Standard prices end on August 26.
In version 4.7, the contributed Shipcalc module has been rewritten to support multiple shipping services. Initial support is for UPS and United States Postal Service (USPS).
Follow these steps to enable real-time shipping quotes for UPS. (The steps are directly parellel for USPS.)
You will need the following:
- a shippable product type module, e.g., tangible
- the various other ecommerce dependencies, e.g., product.module,
- Enable shipping, shipcalc, and a shippable product type, e.g., tangible.
- Add a fulfillment center
- Navigate to administer >> store >> settings >> shipping
- Create and submit a fulfillment centre. This is the address from which items will be shipped, and is used in shipcalc as the 'origination' or from address.
- Configure shipcalc
Before setup, you need to apply for and receive a UPS access key.
Once you have your key:
- Navigate to administer >> store >> settings >> shipcalc
- Click on the 'configure' link for 'ups'
- Fill in and submit the UPS settings form
- Test your setup.
- For USPS: When the form reloads, expand the 'testing' fieldset, ensure the testing URL is correct, and click the 'testing' button. You should get message returned with the shipping options and prices of a sample item. If no such messages are returned, or if
- For UPS, testing requires live data, so you must first complete both of the following steps: configure your product type, and create at least one sample product. Then return to the UPS configuration page and try testing as per USPS.
- Configure your product type
We set a set of available shipping methods for each shippable product type.
- Navigate to administer >> settings >> content types >> product
- From the 'configure product types' fieldset (likely at the top), select a shippable product type, e.g., tangible
- For the particular product type, select which shipping methods you wish to enable. Note that, although USPS options appear here, they are only functional if you are using the git version.
- Set shipping methods and associated data for each product
For each product, we select from the shipping methods available
for its product type.
- Navigate to e.g. create content >> product >> shippable product
- Complete required fields
- Under the 'shipping methods' fieldset, select which methods to make available for this product. The options are those registered to the shipping type.
- Also under 'shipping methods', enter required product attribute information. For UPS, this is the product weight.
Now, when you add an item with shipping to your cart, you should get a checkout screen with dynamically-fetched UPS shipping price information.