Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2009-104
- Project: Feed Element Mapper (third-party module)
- Version: 5.x, 6.x
- Date: 2009-November-18
- Security risk: Moderately Critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
Feed Element Mapper is an add-on module for FeedAPI that maps elements on a feed item such as tags, or the author name, to taxonomy or CCK fields. These mappings are configurable by a point and click interface. When configuring the mapping, some values coming from external feeds are not sanitized before they are displayed, leading to a Cross Site Scripting (XSS)
- Feed Element Mapper module for Drupal 6.x prior to Feed Element Mapper 6.x-1.3
- Feed Element Mapper module for Drupal 5.x prior to Feed Element Mapper 5.x-1.3
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Feed Element Mapper module, there is nothing you need to do.
Upgrade to the latest version:
- If you use Feed Element Mapper module for Drupal 6.x upgrade to version 6.x-1.3
- If you use Feed Element Mapper module for Drupal 5.x upgrade to version 5.x-1.3
If you use one of the unsupported Feed element mapper 6.x-2.0 alpha versions, upgrade to Feed Element Mapper 6.x-1.0-alpha4.
- Reported by Jose Reyero, from the Drupal Security Team
- Fixed by alex_b, the module maintainer
The security team for Drupal can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the form at http://drupal.org/contact.