Install Drush on Windows - The easy way.
Installing latest Drush on Windows is no more fun. Since composer is required everything has changed to the bad. The documentation on drush.org and composer is incomplete and lacks highly important requirements.
Here are the complete steps you need to take:
- Install Cygwin
- Install ncurses package. You need to select ncurses manually in cygwin setup. If you miss to install this you will get an error message that tput is missing.
- Install Git package
- Install bsdtar package or you cannot restore archives and get errors like Unable to untar and Unable to extract site archive tarball.
- Install Curl package or you cannot disable modules.
- Now install Composer for Windows globally.
- Install Drush the common way. e.g. Drush 7.x (stable):
composer global require drush/drush:7.*
NOTE: Drush cannot run with GnuWin32 as it has no sh.exe support.