Hierarchical select ajax interface don't seems to be working in Google Chrome. It is only displaying the static interface, with the update buttons. I have tested it in Windows XP and Windows Vista.


Wim Leers’s picture

Assigned: Unassigned » Wim Leers
Category: bug » support
Priority: Normal » Minor
Status: Active » Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

http://wimleers.com/demo/hierarchical-select works fine for me in Google Chrome.

Please confirm that that also doesn't work for you.

jtbayly’s picture

Category: support » bug

Crap. Misunderstood last comment. Ignore me.

Wim Leers’s picture

Category: bug » support
bibo’s picture

Status: Postponed (maintainer needs more info) » Needs work

I'm using the latest dev (10/2/2009) with Google Chrome (WinXP). Firefox works fine, but Chrome doesn't.
I only tested it with "Content Taxonomy" (taxonomy CCK-fields) and for each field I get:

"Javascript is not Enabled", and it shows the downgraded version. It kinda works (only with single-selects+page refresh) but I guess the "is-javascript-on" detection doesn't work for Chrome. At least not when using the Content Taxonomy fields, for which support was added to the D6 dev version just recently.

The demo-site (which indeed works with chrome) is probably not using content_taxonomy fields.

Wim Leers’s picture

Status: Needs work » Postponed (maintainer needs more info)

Well, you should give using HS with normal Taxonomy a try too then, so we can narrow down the cause. Or Menu.

CNW is an incorrect status because no patch is attached so there is no code that needs work.

bibo’s picture

Status: Postponed (maintainer needs more info) » Fixed

I finally got time to test this. Turns out the Ajax problem on Chrome is caused by the "Cache in a HTML 5 client-side database"-setting. Turning that setting "Off" (in /admin/settings/hierarchical_select ) results in working Ajax for Chrome :).

I don't know if there's any noticiable impact on performance, but I guess I'll keep that setting off (until chrome gets support for that stuff). Or maybe I'll turn it back on later anyway. I'm developing my sites partially with Chrome, mainly because of it's speed with JS.

Wim Leers’s picture

Aha, good catch! It's more likely that I've got a bug in my code than Chrome having a buggy implementation though :)

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

junaid166’s picture

Assigned: Wim Leers » junaid166
Category: support » bug
Priority: Minor » Normal
Status: Closed (fixed) » Active
junaid166’s picture

Status: Active » Needs work
junaid166’s picture

stefan.r’s picture

Issue summary: View changes
Status: Needs work » Closed (won't fix)

6.x issue without activity for over 3 years, closing.

Please reopen if this is still an issue in 7.x.