Views 3.0-alpha2 is a mid-way release of Views 3 to enable power users to start testing out the changes we've made, allow module developers to consider the API, and generally show off some of the awesome that is coming in Views 3. We're well past the halfway point in actual features we want to add, so hopefully alpha3 will be a little less with major changes.
This release represents months of work by me, Daniel Wehner (dereine) and Mariano D'Agostino (dagmar). dereine and dagmar have ensured that for the first time, a Views release is not a one man show, but the combined efforts of a team working to make this a better package. These two community contributors cannot be thanked enough!
Major new features
- Allowing GROUP BY in queries. This allows some amount of calculation to be done, but it does not cover the full list of what views_calc can do, particularly running totals.
- Allowing an OR in the filter UI.
- New exposed features: Reset button, sorts, items per page, pager offset.
- Displays can be re-ordered in the UI.
- The UI has been re-organized somewhat. This is both an improvement and a step backward. We are going to re-evaluate much of the UI as part of alpha3.
Last updated: December 24, 2010 - 22:17
Official release from tag: