I've looking to issues and could not find any hint to my problem, so here it is: I'm using a different view than the one provided in the many, where I make a list display of several fields: title, notes, URL. If the notes text has some HTML tags, such as list elements, I get them displayed in the view. The URL also comes as plain text and therefore is not active.

Is there any trick to solve this? I'm using at the moment 2 extra hidden fields added with CCK that duplicate the content of the abovementioned fields, in order to display correctly the views, but I need to simplify the edition process.
Thank you

Comments

rjerome’s picture

It's not entirely clear to me how you are generating this view, but I'm assuming it's using the Views module?

It sounds like the data is being filtered through "check_plain" which would explain what you see.

ramonovelar’s picture

Yes, I'm using Views module as you can see here:
http://158.227.82.30/es/biblio (this is the view where I'm calling the duplicated fields I have created with CCK)

I've added to this one the biblio fields (notes and URL):
http://aprenderenred.net/bkpulsar/es/biblio2 (this is a test site)

I've been reading about the check_plain function but I have not see any function calling to it from the Views module (http://api.drupal.org/api/function/check_plain/5), at least in Drupal 5. I can not see either the way to deactivate this function in a particular field of a view (Views) or even if this is reasonable, as it seems that It prevents for security issues related to IE6.
Thanks for any new hints, I will keep working in understanding what happens between the data stored in the biblio table (biblio_notes, text, utf8_general_ci) and the Views module. And why, it shows correctly when teaser or full node display and it does not the same with separate fields.

Ramón

rjerome’s picture

If it's just the notes field that's giving you a problem, it's probably a filter issue, you should check the "Input Format" section on the input form and make sure it's set to "Full HTML"

ramonovelar’s picture

There is an input format selector at the bottom of biblio form, but when I select Full HTML my issue is not solved. I have checked other options of configuring these fields at Biblio settings or Content Type settings, but I didn't find any options for format. This issue is not only happening for Notes, URL is also being displayed as plain text.

rjerome’s picture

This has to be something to do with how views is handling the fields. Unfortunately, I'm not a Views Wizard, so I probably won't be able to help much here.

ramonovelar’s picture

Thanks for the hints; If I find something I will let you know; but I don't know if I will have time. I'm maybe coming back to the view that comes with the biblio module. I have some multilingual problems with them but the can be eventually less important than these ones.

R

bekasu’s picture

Status:Active» Closed (fixed)

Marking issue closed.

Aren Cambre’s picture

Category:support» feature
Status:Closed (fixed)» Closed (duplicate)

I think an 80% solution is #682044: Support fields (CCK) in D7 Bibliography Module. Some of the problems here, like multilingual issues, may still be a challenge, but fields (CCK) integration is probably a good first step towards a commonly-accepted solution.