Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
changes since 5.x:
* Content access supports now also 'view own', 'edit own' and 'delete own' access settings instead of the 'author' checkbox
* It has been reworked to make use in drupal 6 available permissions.
* workflow-ng integration has been updated to the rules module and improved - read UPGRADE.txt
* Now it's possible to reset per content node permissions back to content type defaults.
* The access control screens have been improved to also reflect configured access permissions - e.g. checkboxes for roles without the 'access content' permission are disabled. So you have a better overview about your access control settings.
* There is an upgrade routine, just run update.php.
For upgrade help, read UPGRADE.txt.
Planned for the final 1.0 release:
* To make sure everything works right, simpletests will be added to the module: See http://drupal.org/node/325618.