Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
While working onI’ve got the feeling that I’ve found an design flaw in the translation stuff... this is difficult to explain... I will try and hope you understand the problem...
1. A site has a standard language - let's say German.
2. You create content in German over years...
3. Now I’m upgrading to D6
4. All my nodes get the basic translation as German (I will set this up)
5. Now I’d like to add more languages to my site - this will be "English".
6. Enable i18n modules.
7. Translate your menu, block, string, etc. from German into English.
1. Now I’m not able to export the German stuff that needs to be translated to “English” into PO files!?
2. Additional I’m not able to make a backup of the English strings.
3. If I'm exporting the POT template I get "German" strings in the source fields! But source fields should be English only.
4. If someone would start to translate the PO files I would never be able to import the German to English translated stuff. Drupal does not allow to import something into "English".
As more as I’m thinking about this… it must be an issue that was introduced by i18n module or the way it works...