Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
i am new to drupal and have so many doubts. i couldn;t get the start yet and i am struggling. everywhere people are explaining high level things which puts me in more doubts. i was working in wordpress and which i learned in less than a week. this seems to be tougher. these are my doubts.
1. inside my theme folder there is page.tpl.php now how can i customize this page to arrange the contents according to my home page layout . the default code in that page has some regions and menus. which i was able to manipulate. i have created content types and uploaded content. this contents are appearing in the home page as a list with the title and a small part of the content with a readmore. how can i code in such a way that i can show the custom field values i gave while uploading the content. $node->$node->field_author['value'] prints the value but how can i execute a query to get the results i want. i dont want all the content i upload to appear in home page. my home page has sections and each sections should show its on contents with the condition i give. is it possible? how? is there an option to execute database functions which we use in a normal phpscript like mysqli_query()? does that need to import any specific files?
2. i am using a theme named internet_jobs, i installed some modules and added some regions, edited the page.tpl.php to clean the sidebar. now i want to know if i can rename my theme folder name
3. how can i create inside pages for each content. by default is all has a same look when i click readmore. what are the steps.
4. the tinyMCE editor understand the style well in firefox but not in IE or google chrome browser, what could be the reason?
5. is there something similar to buddylist and avatar block for drupal 6.
6. is there some chat applications for drupal 6, i used bowob but it dont have the popups and private chat options. i used the 123flashchat but it is not working with drupal 6, even the development team dont have an answer for that. the module of 123chat for drupal 6 is trying to open system folders which fails.
people who can help me by providing the answers are going to get 10 choclates from me.... please help!!!
Thank you for your time.