Steps to reproduce:

  1. Create a new block instance and export its config .yml file. (or use attached .yml file. Be sure to remove the extra underscore in the filename: "block_" should be "block". Drupal.org renamed the file for security reasons.)
  2. Copy .yml file into /profiles/standard/config/optional/
  3. Install Drupal (standard profile) into an empty database. New block instance should appear on the site.
  4. Go to /admin/structure/block and delete the block instance. Block should no longer appear on the site.
  5. Enable Language module.
  6. Block re-appears.

Expected behavior:
If I deleted the block, the block should be gone, regardless of which modules I enable.

Instead:
The block re-appears when I wanted it to be gone.

The workaround for my immediate issue is putting block instance config entities in myprofile/config/install instead of myprofile/config/optional.

As a side note, I verified that this only manifests in Profiles, not in Modules.

I am using PHP 7 via MAMP Pro 3.5 on Mac OS X 10.10.5. I checked out the most recent Drupal core git branch 8.2.x.

This issue also manifested on Acquia Cloud, running PHP 5.6, Drupal 8.2.5.

Files: 

Comments

Shawn DeArmond created an issue. See original summary.

Version: 8.2.x-dev » 8.3.x-dev

Drupal 8.2.6 was released on February 1, 2017 and is the final full bugfix release for the Drupal 8.2.x series. Drupal 8.2.x will not receive any further development aside from critical and security fixes. Sites should prepare to update to 8.3.0 on April 5, 2017. (Drupal 8.3.0-alpha1 is available for testing.)

Bug reports should be targeted against the 8.3.x-dev branch from now on, and new development or disruptive changes should be targeted against the 8.4.x-dev branch. For more information see the Drupal 8 minor version schedule and the Allowed changes during the Drupal 8 release cycle.