Read values from a CCK field. Write values to a CCK field. That's all this handler is about and that's all you need to know about this handler.
The DraggableViews CCK handler module comes with the DraggableViews module. If you want to use both the flexibility of CCK fields and Draggable table style plugin you'll need the DraggableViews CCK handler as a coupler.
Supported CCK fields
- Order field: CCK Number Integer (Decimal and Float are not supported!)
- Parent field: CCK Node Reference
How to configure my draggable View with CCK fields? (it's always the same)
- Enable the "DraggableViews CCK handler" module.
- Navigate to the edit-page of an existing view.
- Add the field Your CCK Integer field at the Fields section.
- Now change the Style-plugin at the Basic settings section to Draggable Table and enter the Style plugin settings.
- Scroll down to the Draggable Table settings and choose the CCK Integer field you added just before. Choose "CCK" handler. (that's actually the only difference to the native way)
- Save the settings. You'll be prompted to sort the view by the CCK Integer field. Save the view and you're done.
See "How to configure my draggable View with CCK fields? (it's always the same)".
Hierarchies with CCK fields (it's always the same)
If you want to build hierarchies you have to set the parent field. Use "Your CCK Nodereference field" and choose "CCK" handler (that's actually the only difference to the native way). The maximum hierarchy depth can be specified at Define the depth limit.
Pro's and Con's
- - much overhead, because Drupal needs to walk through all the CCK functions whenever a single value gets saved (probably including security checks).
- + highly compatible with other modules. E.g. you can make CCK order fields editable at the node edit form.
If you don't need to use the order/hierarchy values with other modules you should always use the native handler.
Here's a quick screencast on how to use CCK fields with DraggableViews: http://nodeone.se/blogg/nodeone-talks-drupal-draggableviews-and-cck-fields