Important changes from the 7.x-1.x branch:
Entity API is now a requirement.
After the decision to make countries fieldable entities, this was almost inevitable. This provides a lot better integration and advantages with a number of other contrib modules that use this API.
Other API changes of importance:
- countries_get_countries() could throw an exception. [API CHANGE]
- If not a core property and a test country does not have this property either, this throws an exception.
- Deprecated countries_get_country() [API CHANGE]
- This is replaced with country_load(). All calls to countries_get_country() have a watchdog entry warning about the deprecated function and returns country_load() results.
- String changes
- There have been a number of changes and more consistency has been added to make this process easier.
- Country field internal data array
- This is normalised so that the safe_value parameter is used instead of the safe parameter.
I haven't tracked these, but there have a few.
- I18n integration
- There is a new i18n sensitive country widget.
- Continent countries widget
Last updated: May 4, 2012 - 12:40
Official release from tag: