The Views listing page (
admin/structure/views offers a text input to filter Views by name or description. When entering text, the list of views changes dynamically. The change is easily noted visually, but is not conveyed to users with screen readers.
Drupal.announce() to convey a short message about the number of views now present in the filtered list.
We already do this with the module filter on the
admin/modules page - see
A difference with the Views listing is that there are actually TWO listings on the page: enabled and disabled views. So it may be worth announcing the count for each listing.
- Devise the announcement string(s); e.g. "1 enabled view and 2 disabled views are available in the modified list." It should handle singular/plural result counts correctly (with
- Write a patch.
- Tests - confirm the updated content of
User interface changes
- No visible changes intended.
- Add a screen reader announcement to convey updates which are currently only apparent visually.
- Introduces a new translatable string for Drupal.announce().
Data model changes