- After obtaining the latest stable release of PHP, extract the archive to c:\php or something similar.
- Copy php.ini-optimized to php.ini
- Make the following modifications:
- Change include_path to ''.''
- Change sendmail_from to ''firstname.lastname@example.org''
- Change SMTP to 'your.smtp.mail.service' If you don't know your smtp server, use the same configuration as your email client uses.
- Change session.save_path to a temporary folder (''drive:pathtotemp'') and make sure the temporary folder exists.
- Change doc_root to your preferred work folder (''drive:pathtofiles''). Make sure it exists and is the same folder your specified in the Apache setup procedure.
- Set register_globals to equal "On"
- Save the changes, and copy the php.ini file to your Windows directory.
- Create a basic php file, for example test.php which contains the following:
<?PHP phpinfo(); ?>
and save it in your work folder.
- Open your web browser, and type in: http://localhost/test.php. If you get the PHP information page, then everything is set up correctly. If not, just go over the settings again for PHP to make sure everything is ok.