As a part of an overall overhaul of documentation on Drupal.org (), we want to connect documentation to projects, to enable 'official' project-specific documentation.
*When using 'guide' in the context of this issue we mean the new group content type called 'guide' described at, not the top level books such as 'Site Building Guide'.
- We will create top level guide for Contributed projects documentation per major version
- Documentation for specific project or a group of related projects will be created as guides inside of it
- We might need additional structure inside of 'Contributed projects' guide at some point, but we can figure that out as we go.
- Project maintainers on their project pages will have a 'Project documentation' entity reference field. Where they will be able to add multiple guides and specify project versions each specific guide is applicable for.
- Applicable versions should match project branches
- 'From' version is required, 'To' is optional. If 'to' is blank, means the documentation is only applicable for the one specific version (in 'from' field).
- If the documentation is applicable for *all* after specific starting one, users should enter 8.1+ in the 'from' field. We'll add help text to clarify this.
- Related projects and their version will then be displayed on documentation guides and pages.
- On project pages we will display Related documentation guides and versions they are applicable for.
- We could potentially add a view of all Documentation guides for specific project.