When deploying content from site1 to site2, media entities are not deployed.

Comments

kmoll created an issue. See original summary.

dixon_’s picture

Priority: Normal » Major

Bumping priority.

jeqq’s picture

Assigned: Unassigned » jeqq

  • jeqq committed 6e0a690 on 8.x-1.x
    Issue #2675852: Add file entity type in tests.
    
  • jeqq committed 7526a55 on 8.x-1.x
    Issue #2675852: Add support for file entities.
    
jeqq’s picture

Status: Active » Fixed

Multiversion supports file entities now.

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed - issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

JamesK’s picture

Status: Closed (fixed) » Needs work

Media entities aren't being deployed and also cause the deployment to be interrupted.

JamesK’s picture

  • timmillwood committed 6b0a3ee on 8.x-1.x authored by JamesK
    Issue #2675852 by JamesK: Media and file entities are not supported
    
timmillwood’s picture

Status: Needs review » Fixed

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed - issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.

Grayside’s picture

Status: Closed (fixed) » Needs work

On trying to save or update Media Entities, the process dies (after the update appears successful) with the following error in the logs:

Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: Route "entity.media.version_history" does not exist. in Drupal\Core\Routing\RouteProvider->getRouteByName() (line 186 of /var/www/build/html/core/lib/Drupal/Core/Routing/RouteProvider.php).

This problem is also found when viewing the Media Entity, which points to a possible similarity with #2715671: Fatal error when viewing taxonomy pages

Grimreaper’s picture

Status: Needs work » Active

Hello,

I am currently testing the deploy suite on Drupal 8.1.10 and with the dev version of deploy modules and media modules.

I cannot reproduce @Grayside bug.

I have tested in the default stage/live workspaces on the same site. I created medias on the stage workspace. When deploying on live:
- https://www.drupal.org/project/video_embed_field : OK
- https://www.drupal.org/project/media_entity_audio : OK
- https://www.drupal.org/project/media_entity_image : NOT ok, the media is created but the image field on the media is empty.

Putting the issue back to active has there is no pending patch.

JamesK’s picture

@Grimreaper does the patch in #2823882: Ignore SequenceIndex records for missing entities fix the empty image issue for you?

Grimreaper’s picture

Hello,

@JamesK: I wanted to reproduce the bug with media_entity_image with another media, and this time it had worked, without applying patches.

So I think maybe I got an error on the first media_entity_image when I was on the staging workspace.

Now in the watchdog I have multiple times this message:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in Drupal\replication\Normalizer\ContentEntityNormalizer->denormalizeTranslation() (line 509 of modules/contrib/replication/src/Normalizer/ContentEntityNormalizer.php).

I will do other tests, with paragraphs for example, if I don't get the problem anymore, for me it will be ok to close the issue. But what I found strange is that on the admin/content/files page, I see the file that is not linked to the media entity image field.